Popcorns are everyone’s favorite and there’s no doubt about it. It is one of the most ancient snacks of all time and it is also very popular.
The best thing about popcorn is that you can prepare it quickly and have a bowl full and enjoy it while watching your favorite movie. Now you might be having thoughts about how one can prepare popcorn. You might have always heard or seen microwaves being used in the preparation of popcorn and now you might have thought of how you should make it without a microwave.
Well, as I said popcorn is an ancient snack and they didn’t have microwaves for preparing it. You can make use of a toaster oven instead and it will still give you the same results. This is because for preparing popcorn all you are going to need is heat and anything that heats can do the work.
Today I am going to focus on using a toaster oven for popping popcorn. If you have got a toaster oven then you can enjoy popcorn at home too. We will look at the steps that you need to follow and also look at some other things you can prepare using a toaster oven. If you have a toaster oven then today you are going to learn some good snack recipes.
The best thing about a toaster oven is that you can prepare your popcorn most healthily and you can prepare it as per your requirements.
While using a Toaster oven for preparing popcorn you will be able to add the salt and seasonings yourself as per your requirement. You are going to get the same results and you won’t be disappointed with the results. If you want a healthier option and you do not want to add oil then this is the best way to go with it, unlike a stovetop which needs oil for the popcorn to pop. A toaster oven is going to be very useful for you if you are a popcorn lover and you don’t have a microwave.
All that you are going to need for preparing popcorn using a toaster oven is popcorn kernels.
Along with this, you will need tin coils or you can also make use of a toaster oven cage. If you make use of tin foil then the clean-up process can be very simple and in the case of using a cage, you will be able to view the popcorn popping.
Steps for making popcorn using a Toaster oven
If you have ever thought that popcorn can only be enjoyed in a theatre or sports stadium then you are wrong.
According to the institute of Popcorn around 90% of the popcorn is bought by people for home consumption. If you want to know and prepare popcorn using a toaster oven then here are the steps that you are required to follow.
Click here to buy popcorn kernels
- The first thing that you are required to do is take the toaster oven and clean it properly.
- Now let it preheat at a temperature of 400 degrees to 450 degrees.
- Now take the popcorn kernels which can be around 1/3 cup. Pour it into the oven bowl.
- Take an aluminum foil and cover the top of the bowl.
- Take the oven bowl and place it inside the toaster oven and just wait for some time and you will listen to the sound of popcorn popping.
- When the sound stops you must wear the oven mitts and remove the bowls. Be careful while removing the bowl as it can be very hot.
- Now remove the foil of aluminum that you used for covering the bowl. The steam will escape.
- You can take your plates or bowl and enjoy your popcorn now.
A popcorn pops and we all know that but we will see why this happens.
Not every kernel is going to pop and the ones that pop are the kernels that have some amount of water in them. When they are exposed to heat the water that is there inside the kernel starts to steam. This steam is unable to escape the hard shell that the kernel has and therefore the temperature rises and this builds the pressure inside the kernel.
When the temperature inside the kernel reaches 185 degrees Celsius the kernel is not able to keep the pressure and as a result the shell bursts and opens. The white part that we love while eating the popcorn is the starch that comes out while the kernel bursts. When it bursts the starch is cooked.
Toaster ovens are very useful and it also cooks your food quickly. So if you are in a hurry and looking for some snacks to make using a toaster oven then here are some of them.
If you ever get into such a situation then you should not go with the same recipes every time. I have mentioned some of the best recipes you can try making using a toaster oven.
Take out your vegetable slicer as it has some work to do. You need to get potatoes, apples, zucchini and whatever you prefer.
Take a pan, oil and sprinkle the salt and let it cook for a few minutes. Once the food is sliced you can add whatever seasonings you want to and then put your sliced food inside the toaster oven and set the temperature at 450 degrees.
You can also make hot Trail mix using a toaster oven as it is very simple to do so.
Click to check the current price of the best toaster oven
According to my guess, the best way of cooking popcorn is by using the traditional stovetop method. Let’s quickly find out how to make popcorn using the traditional stovetop method.
- The first thing that you are going to need is a heavy-bottomed saucepan so go and browse and select one for you.
- Now take the saucepan and take some cooking oil and then put this cooking oil to coat the base of the saucepan.
- Now just take two kernels for testing and then place them on the saucepan and close the lid, when these two kernels pop its time that the oil is hot enough that you can now add the rest of the kernels.
- Add 1/2 cup of kernels of popcorn to the tub. Place the pan on the lid. Occasionally shake the pot as maize kernels keep bursting.
- Remove the pot from the sun as popping subsides. In a serving tub, pour popcorn. Good luck!
Popcorn is a very simple snack to prepare and it takes no time. If you love popcorn then the good news for you is that now you can prepare popcorn even by using a toaster oven.
All you are going to need are popcorn kernels. I have mentioned the steps above. You can follow them and prepare popcorn. I hope this article was helpful and informative to you.